Welcome back to another edition of the Clubhouse Report, brought to you by members of the HB Studios development team! In our first Clubhouse Report, we discussed the newest features and changes coming in PGA TOUR 2K23, and we’re excited to build on that by sharing more about the MyPLAYER and MyCAREER experience. Create a more well-defined MyPLAYER, customize your look with a broader collection of brands, and challenge a bigger cast of pros on the circuit. The road to the FedExCup Playoffs starts here.
BUILD YOUR MyPLAYER
How you approach the game is unique to you—especially in PGA TOUR 2K23. Personalization is paramount this year, and we’re giving you the power to assemble your MyPLAYER from the ground up, starting with their appearance. Replicate your likeness, create a new identity using a series of presets, or go off script and mold your MyPLAYER from scratch. Spend as much time as you like developing the next star in golf before moving on to select their areas of expertise.
Choose a playstyle for your ultimate MyPLAYER by selecting one of five new Archetypes, which will serve as the baseline from which you can further hone your MyPLAYER. Experiment with a variety of Archetypes, so you can separate yourself from the pack.
Here are the available Archetypes:
- Powerhouse - Strike fear into your opponents with a towering shot off the tee. What the Powerhouse golfer lacks in the short game, they more than makeup for with distance.
- Rhythm - A Rhythm golfer isn’t going to wow you with a massive drive, but they’ll wow you with their consistency. Smooth swings and effortless tempo for a well-rounded game.
- Woodsman - Tough lie? Not a problem. Sacrifice putting for the ability to hit from any surface with confidence. Hit your way out of the woods and to the top of the leaderboard.
- Greensman - Some drive for the show, but you putt for the dough. The Greensman has the hands of a surgeon, gifted with reading the green and using a gentle touch to roll it in.
- Sculptor - Capable of shaping true works of art, the Sculptor can finesse their way around any obstacle. They possess great control, but lack a true feel for the flat stick.
Your MyPLAYER will be more proficient in some areas than others based on the Archetype you choose, but your game can evolve and change as you acquire Skill Points and Fittings. Leveling up your golfer will earn you Skill Points, which can be spent to unlock a new skill or level up a skill you already possess.
Here are the different Skill Types:
- Assist Skills - Activated when you’re struggling to hit quality shots and deactivated when ball striking isn’t an issue.
- Zone Skills - When you’re in the zone, these skills will be activated. On the flip side, they’ll be deactivated if your focus is lacking
- Passive Skills - Unlike Assist and Zone Skills, Passive Skills don’t have an activation or deactivation function; however, they’re only active for specific scenarios. Each club has one passive skill, which is unlocked at the final tier.
Tinker with different Archetypes and Skills to assemble the best golfer on the PGA TOUR 2K23 circuit.
CUSTOMIZE YOUR MyPLAYER
It’s not uncommon for PGA TOUR pros to have an iconic look on the course, take Tiger’s red polo for example. Whether you’re competing against Tiger and Co., your friends, or playing solo, it’s important that you feel confident in your look. PGA TOUR 2K23 features a vast collection of notable brands for you to choose from and wear while on TOUR. Below, we’ve outlined all of the brands you’ll find in-game at launch, both returning and new:
- Air Jordan
- Bridgestone Golf
- Ben Hogan
- Hugo Boss
- Original Penguin
- Royal & Awesome
- Tattoo Golf
With more brands and sponsorship opportunities than 2K21, you can earn additional apparel and equipment all year long. Let your style be indicative of your approach on the links, whether it’s aggressive or laid back and relaxed. Whatever you decide, there are limitless possibilities!
We’d be remiss if we didn’t discuss Fittings—the equippable, interchangeable attachments you can use to modify individual clubs, or your entire set in 2K23. Each club can be improved from its baseline stats by applying a Fitting to the three club components: Head, Shaft, and Grip. There are millions of combinations for you to experiment with in PGA TOUR 2K23, but Fittings come with positive and negative effects.
Fine-tuning your ideal setup is a delicate balance between bolstering your strengths and supplementing your weaknesses. Fittings can be used in all game modes and have no restrictions when it comes to brand and club choice. Depending on the mode you’re playing, you may consider strategizing the best Fittings for Divot Derby versus MyCAREER, for example.
This year, there’s more freedom to tailor your bag to fit your needs, so you can dominate the competition in PGA TOUR 2K23.
CHASE GREATNESS IN MyCAREER
Chase your PGA TOUR dreams in MyCAREER, a comprehensive mode containing everything you’d expect from an authentic golf simulation game. It all starts at Q-School, the first event you’ll participate in as a driven amateur looking to make a name for yourself. Prove yourself on the Korn Ferry Tour by competing in up to six events, before showing you’re capable of competing against elite talent on the TOUR.
Once you’ve earned your TOUR card, you’ve got a long way to go to establish yourself as the world’s best. This year's 34 tournament events include three new official events at launch: RBC Canadian Open, Genesis Scottish Open, and the BMW Championship. Plus, we’re growing the list of fictional events from 17 to 29, giving you more opportunities to tally those coveted FedExCup points.
PGA TOUR 2K23 features even more pros than 2K21, who you’ll fight against in MyCAREER on the PGA TOUR. Go toe-to-toe with the likes of Justin Thomas, Collin Morikawa, Brooke Henderson, and Tiger Woods, to name a few, in order to show that you’re deserving of the throne.
Check back after PGA TOUR 2K23 launches for how-to guides on customizing your MyCAREER schedule, and more!
PGA TOUR 2K23 dials up the realism and the competition by giving you more control of your MyPLAYER. When it launches on October 14, you’ll be able to experiment with different builds and find what works best for your playstyle. Prepare for the upcoming season and pre-order your copy today!